Yesterday I descided to try out a new ingredient, Bebogeen. My friend from stoca.nl pointed this product out to me. This product is an excellent substitute for dulce de leche in other recipes.
I have been craving a cupcake that has that lovely combination of savory peanuts and chocolate, brought together by the warmth of caramel. This cupcake definately hits that spot!
The sauce is devine by the way, it is easy to make and so glossy! It would be great over vanilla ice cream, topped with some peanuts.
Snickers cupcakes (12 pcs)
- 100 gr butter
- 60 gr bebogeen ( or dulce de leche)
- 100 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 gr flour
- 70 gr pure chocolate, chips or in smallish chunks
- 70 gr (salted) peanuts
- 40 gr butter
- 40 gr bebogeen
- 70 gr pure chocolate
- Cupcake tin and 12 cupcake liners
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees C.
- Mix your butter, bebogeen, sugar, salt and vanilla essence until well combined.
- One by one, add your eggs. Wait till each egg is incorporated before adding the next one.
- Gently fold in your flour, chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Devide your cupcake mix into your cupcakeliners, I like to use an ice cream scoop for this job.
- Bake your cupcakes in the centre of your oven for 25 minutes or untill the centre is warm.
- Let your cupcakes cool while you prepare the sauce.
- In a pan, melt the butter and bebogeen on a low heat. Keep stirring
- When the butter and bebogeen are combined, turn off your heat and immidiately add your chocolate.
- While gently stirring, your chocolate will melt and you will greate a glossy sauce for on your cupcakes. It will not set and become hard, making it an extra delicious cupcake topping.
- You could decorate your cupcakes with hearts, chocolate chips or even chunky seasalt.
Find more baking inspiration here!