This dish may take you 40 minutes to make, but it is less than 10 minutes work to prepare. You can even create the whole bake a day or two in advance. Which means any person who can operate an oven can finish the dish when you want to eat it.
Gnocchi is a kind of pasta made from potatoes, which gives them a great chewy texture. I like making this pasta myself, but this dish is my “go to” when I want an easy meal.
If you have little oven dishes. You could also make individual servings.
I like to serve a green salad with this dish for some extra veg.
Gnocchi bake (3 portions)
- 500 grams of gnocchi (1 pack)
- 400 grams of my no fuss tomato sauce
- 100 grams of cheese, pick your favorite melting cheese: grated Dutch cheese, cubes of blue cheese and/or mozzerella
- Boil the gnocchi for a couple of minutes, your gnocchi is cooked when it floats on the surface.
- Strain the gnocchi and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Mix the gnocchi and tomato sauce.
- Top with cheese.
- Now your bake is ready for the oven, or for your fridge.
- Bake in the oven at 220 degrees C for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.