This is the easiest way to make tomato sauce ever! You make it with fresh ingredients and the flavor is so intense. The bog secret is that the ingredients are not fried but roasted. You can use this sauce with your pasta or as a pizza sauce. Both my son and my husband have approved this recipe, it is finger licking good!
This recipe is enough for a family pasta meal. But you could easily make a large batch and freeze the rest of the sauce. The sauce can also keep in the fridge in a jar for a week.
No fuss tomato sauce
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 handfull of fresh thyme and rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Olive oil
- Optional: 1 chili pepper for a kick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 220 degrees C.
- Halve all the tomatoes and place them sliced side up on a baking tray.
- Peel and quarter the onion and peel the garlic. (Slice the chili in chunky pieces.)
- Scatter the other ingredients between the unions.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes, onions, garlic and chili with thyme and rosemary.
- Drizzle with honey and oil
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes to an hour, untill your ingredients are nicely roasted.
If you are making this in advance, shutdown your oven and let it cool while leaving the tomatoes in.
- Blend the roasted ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Mix in the oregano, salt and pepper to taste.