I love eating Brussel sprouts and now I am happy to tell you about a new way to enjoy this winter vegetable, in a quiche. The bitterness of the sprouts is such a great combination with the egg and the cheese! The whole family polished their plates the day I cooked this quiche.
- 1 recipe of short crust pastry or a ready made puff pastry
- 200 gram of boiled sprouts
- 1 onion, finely sliced and gently fried till tender
- 100 gram of small bacon cubes or a handfull of pine nuts for vegetarians
- 150 gram of grated cheese (cheddar or young Gouda)
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml of cream
- Pre-bake your quiche base for 10 to 20 minutes until just cooked at 210 degrees C.
- Spread your ingredients on your pizza base and fill your pie with a mix of eggs and cream.
- Bake at 220 degrees C for 20 degrees or until golden.