As you might know. I like making vegetable quiches and pies. This is a lovely way to eat your spinach!
For a vegetarian alternative I would replace the bacon with a handful of toasted nuts like pine nuts.
- 100 gr flower
- 60 gr butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 ml water
- 300 gr of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 gr Bacon cubes
- 125 gr soft goats cheese of feta cheese
- 3 free range eggs
- 75 ml cream
- Pepper and ground nutmeg to tast
- Prepare your base as described in my asparagus pie recipe.
- While your base bakes:
- Clean your spinach leaves.
- Fry your leaves in the oil until all spinach has wilted.
- Place your spinach in a collinder and let the access water drain out.
- Fry your bacon cubes until they are crisp.
- Wisk and mix your eggs and mix in your cream.
- Build your pie:
- Divide your spinach and bacon over the base.
- Pour over the egg and cream mixture.
- Crumble the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 200 degrees C oven.