If you love pizza, you will love this recipe! You use the same recipe for the base, but the topping is completely different. This German dish is popular with my son and his daddy. We may have stumbled on a new family favorite (after pizza that is).
This dish makes a great dinner if served with a tasty salad but it also makes a great party snack or a simple lunch.
Flamm kuchen (3 medium pizzas)
- 1 recipe of pizza dough
- Sauce, mix:
- 250 gram Quark (or ricotta if you can’t buy this ingredient)
- 100 gram creme fraiche
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 200 gram bacon in thin strips
- 1 onion finely sliced
- Optional: a few handfuls of grated cheese
- Warm the oven up to 240 degrees C.
- Roll out your pizza dough and prick holes in the bottom with a fork. (this prevents it from rising to high in the center)
- Spread a generous amount of sauce on the dough.
- Sprinkle the bacon, onion (and cheese) on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
For a vegetarian option you could top your flamm kuchen with blue cheese, union and artichokes. Look up our favorite pizza recipes here.