In the summer I find myself overwhelmed my the bounty of produce. One vegetable that grows in abundance in the summer is the courgette. When I have a large surplus, I like to make this soup. It can be eaten warm or cold, my favorite! When it is cold you really appreciate the smooth texture and the subtle flavors.
- 2 courgette
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- Fresh herbs to your taste
- Dice your courgette and finely slice your onion.
- Gently fry your courgette and onion in the oil for five minutes.
- Add the stock and let this mix simmer for 15 minutes until the courgette is soft.
- Blend your ingredients to a smooth soup and add in the Greek yogurt.
- Mix in some finely sliced fresh herbs like dill, basil or mint.
- Season to taste. If you plan to eat the soup cold, season you soup well as cool soups need intenser seasoning.
Combine with some carrot soda bread for a healthy vegetarian lunch!