The other day I felt a strong craving for some decadent American style chocolate chip cookies. After dome experimenting I found a recipe that works for us.
I made the dough a day in advance and I pulled the dough out when my pre-schooler seemed bored. We had great fun slicing the cookies and watching the oven do all the work.
After this we enjoyed these satisfyingly chewy cookies with a tall glass of milk, yum!
I turned this recipe into a lovely coloring project. You can download MonsterCookieColoring here.
Monster cookies (8 to 10 cookies)
- 250 gram selfraising flour
- 200 gram light brown sugar
- 100 gram butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 250 gram chocolate chips
- Mix the sugar, butter and salt well.
- Stir in the eggs and milk.
- Combine with the flour and chocolate chips.
- Form a roll of about 5 cm in diameter. Wrap the roll in cling film and rest for 30 minutes to 3 days.
- Slice your cookies and place them well spaced apart on a baking tray.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for 10 minutes or until golden.
Enjoy your baking and coloring project!