I have been having a lot of trouble posting this recipe, every time I want to fotograph these fluffy delights, they seem to disappear. I am glad to post this recipe just before Easter brunch. Because it would be perfect for this occasion!
Cheese scones (for 8 scones)
- Dry ingredients:
- 225 gr flour
- 75 gr cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 gr grated cheese
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 55 ml oil
- 240 ml milk
- Optional: friend onions
- For finishing:
- coffee milk or 1 egg
- rock salt
- Combine and mix your dry ingredients.
- Pour in your wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Form into a round flat disc of about 1.5 cm thick, wrap in cling film.
- Let this dough rest in your fridge for 20 minutes to 24 hours.
Resting your dough will ensure a good fluffy end result!
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees C.
- Cut your disc into 8 triangles with a sharp knife.
- Brush your scones with coffee creamer and sprinkle them with salt.
- Back them in your oven for 15 minutes.
These scones are best when eaten the same day, to prepare in advance, just make your dough one day ahead. You find my scone recipe here.