Beetroot is a vegetable I had to learn to appreciate. Beetroot carpaccio always does the trick for us and our guests. I make it on a festive and large dish, this recipe serves about 2 people. In these fotographs I used yellow beetroot.
I make this dish very often, so I like to vary the ingredients depending on the contents of my refrigerator. Just discover your own favorite set of ingredients and let me know how it turns out!
- Three boiled beetroots (boil in water for 75 minutes and then peel)
Use mixed colors of you can.
- 200 grams white cheese – my favorite is soft goats cheese, but feta cheese works as well. On occasion I have use crumbled Boursin as well.
- Generous sprinkling of fresh or dried herbs. I like using mint, basil and/or dill.
- 2 spring onions finely sliced – although your plain onion would work as well.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar or other sweet vinegar
- Optional extras:
- Ribbons of smoked salmon
1. Make fine slices of beetroot and arrange these on your plate.
2. Crumble your cheese on the beetroot. I like a generous cover of cheese.
3. Sprinkle on the herbs and onion. (And optional extras.)
4. Drizzle with honey, vinegar and a generous helping of olive oil.
5. Season with freshly crushed black pepper.
Tip: This salad tastes great on a piece of fresh bread too.