I like making this salad as a starter for a dinner party. It is full of strong flavors, but very well balanced. There is also a great variation in textures. I can guarantee you that this will definately intrigue your dinner guests.
This dish also makes a great lunch salad. When combined with a piece of leftover chicken it is very filling.
Chicory taste explosion
- 3 chicory
- 1 apple, finely sliced (no need to remove the skin, this adds color)
- 1 handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 75 gr blue cheese
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil, generous sprinkling
- Remove the 4 outer leaves of each chicory. Keep them whole for serving the salad.
- Remove the cores and slice the rest of the chicory in 5 mm strips.
- Mix your chicory strips with the other salad ingredients. Dress the ingredients well as both the apple and the chicory will discolor without the dressing. Season to taste.
- Devide your salad over the chicory leaves for perfect tasty boats.