This is coleslaw with a twist. I love preparing a large batch of any type of coleslaw. I bring it to work, serve it as a side dish with some fried chicken (like chicken fingers) or with our barbecues in the summer.
The kohlrabi has both great crunch and lovely subtle cabbage flavor. It pears great with the apple and the fresh dressing. It can be prepared day(s) in advance, making it a practical dish too!
- 2 kohlrabi, sliced in match sticks, or coarsely grated
- 1 large apple, in match sticks
- 2 handfuls of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of parsly, sliced in fine slivers
- 1 handful of mint leaves, sliced in fine slivers
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp good quality mayo (or even homemade mayo)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp yoghurt