Have a tasty lentil salad for lunch! This salad is full of healthy and teasty ingredients. It is well balanced in so many ways. The crunch of the oninons against the soft cheese and potatoes, the fresh mint contrasts beautifully with the sweet flavors.
This salad would make a great lunch, a starter or a side dish with a barbeque.
Sweet potato and lentil salad ( 1 person lunch, or a great side dish)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 150 gr (puy) lentils, tinned or freshly cooked
- 100 gr goat cheese
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 handfull of fresh mint, finely sliced
- 1/2 red paprika, in small squares
- 1 pepper, finely sliced
- Honey mustard dressing:
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dill (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees C.
- Peel your potatoes and slice them into rustic chips. Coat them in oil, season them and bake them in the oven for 25 minutes or until they are tender.
- Combine with the other salad ingredients for a great lunch dish!
Beetroot is a vegetable I had to learn to appreciate. Beetroot carpaccio always does the trick for us and our guests. I make it on a festive and large dish, this recipe serves about 2 people. In these fotographs I used yellow beetroot.
I make this dish very often, so I like to vary the ingredients depending on the contents of my refrigerator. Just discover your own favorite set of ingredients and let me know how it turns out!
- Three boiled beetroots (boil in water for 75 minutes and then peel)
Use mixed colors of you can.
- 200 grams white cheese – my favorite is soft goats cheese, but feta cheese works as well. On occasion I have use crumbled Boursin as well.
- Generous sprinkling of fresh or dried herbs. I like using mint, basil and/or dill.
- 2 spring onions finely sliced – although your plain onion would work as well.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar or other sweet vinegar
- Optional extras:
- Ribbons of smoked salmon
1. Make fine slices of beetroot and arrange these on your plate.
2. Crumble your cheese on the beetroot. I like a generous cover of cheese.
3. Sprinkle on the herbs and onion. (And optional extras.)
4. Drizzle with honey, vinegar and a generous helping of olive oil.
5. Season with freshly crushed black pepper.
Tip: This salad tastes great on a piece of fresh bread too.
The title of this blog post is misleading, this posh dinner is easy to make. All you need is an oven and some patience. The recipe describes how to make a fancy but delicious salmon in a crust and delicious sweet and salty chips. As a side dish you can mix the suggested sauce. I also recommend making a simple green salad on the side.
I think this makes a great family meal. My son loves the sweet potato chips! It also makes an impressive dish if you have guests. Make a whole piece of salmon in a crust and cut lovely slices. Baking in the crust means your salmon will be moist but cooked, so enjoy!
Fish & chips (serves 2)
- 300 gram salmon filet
- 4 squares of ready made puff pastry
- 4 tbsp herbed cream cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 large regular potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- rock salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp mint
- 1 tsp dill
- Take your pastry squares out of the freezer and preheat your oven to 220 degrees C.
- Prepare your chips:
- Clean and peel your potatoes.
- Slice in long strips about 1 cm thick.
- Lightly coat them in olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, the salmon can be added after 10 minutes.
3. Prepare the salmon:
- Connect the 2 dough squares.
- Spread the cream cheese under the salmon.
- Place the salmon filet on the cream cheese.
- Season the salmon.
- Make a few paralel slashes in your top dough squares.
- Cover the salmon with the slashed squares.
- Connect the bottom and top squares by pinching the dough together.
- Brush the salmon package with egg.
- Sprinkle with sesame and sea salt.
- After the potatoes have been in the oven for 10 minutes, you can place the salmon in the oven for 20 minutes.
This way all ingredients will be ready to eat simultaneously.
While the sweet&salty potato chips are cooking, mix your sauce ingredients and prepare your salad.