This salad is a great way to make the most of slices of smoked salmon. This salad is inspired on carpaccio. It is an easy way to impress your guests without too much fuss. If you buy good quality salmon, you just need to bring the ingredients together to create a beautiful harmony of flavors and textures.
I like making 4 individual servings, but if you want you can make a large serving platter.
Salmon salad (4 servings)
- 200 grams smoked salmon
- 2 handfuls of your favorite lettuce leaves
- 1 (spring) onion finely sliced
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- olive oil
- 1 lemon. Use half for dressing the salad and cut the rest in wedges for presentation.
- Optional: sliced tomato and cucumber
After slicing your ingredients, assemble your salad. Dress your leaves with olive oil and lemon juice and divide them over the plates. Spread your ingredients over the leaves. Finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkling of sea salt.
This salad also works great with slices of fresh tuna.
The title of this blog post is misleading, this posh dinner is easy to make. All you need is an oven and some patience. The recipe describes how to make a fancy but delicious salmon in a crust and delicious sweet and salty chips. As a side dish you can mix the suggested sauce. I also recommend making a simple green salad on the side.
I think this makes a great family meal. My son loves the sweet potato chips! It also makes an impressive dish if you have guests. Make a whole piece of salmon in a crust and cut lovely slices. Baking in the crust means your salmon will be moist but cooked, so enjoy!
Fish & chips (serves 2)
- 300 gram salmon filet
- 4 squares of ready made puff pastry
- 4 tbsp herbed cream cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 large regular potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- rock salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp mint
- 1 tsp dill
- Take your pastry squares out of the freezer and preheat your oven to 220 degrees C.
- Prepare your chips:
- Clean and peel your potatoes.
- Slice in long strips about 1 cm thick.
- Lightly coat them in olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, the salmon can be added after 10 minutes.
3. Prepare the salmon:
- Connect the 2 dough squares.
- Spread the cream cheese under the salmon.
- Place the salmon filet on the cream cheese.
- Season the salmon.
- Make a few paralel slashes in your top dough squares.
- Cover the salmon with the slashed squares.
- Connect the bottom and top squares by pinching the dough together.
- Brush the salmon package with egg.
- Sprinkle with sesame and sea salt.
- After the potatoes have been in the oven for 10 minutes, you can place the salmon in the oven for 20 minutes.
This way all ingredients will be ready to eat simultaneously.
While the sweet&salty potato chips are cooking, mix your sauce ingredients and prepare your salad.