Thrift stores are my favorite place to go shopping. Me and my toddler each go on our own treasure hunt. My son looks for the best toy car, I look for supplies for a project or dinner party!
I believe everyone can score in the thrift store. Anyone can benefit from these items and ideas:
- Decorating tea pots, vases and serving plates for personalised gifts.
- Using tea cups for votive candles.
- Use serving dishes as a gift wrapping for chocolates or home made cupcakes!
2. Vintage clothing – I like looking for dresses and tops. If they don’t fit nicely, I cut pieces of, or add some waist line with a belt.
3. Accessories – When you find that great dress, try finding accessories to match. After watching a documentary about Iris Apfel, I decided to have more fun with dressing up. This senior fashionista has so much fun and personality with using accessories, that it inspired me to stock up on necklaces, scarves, broches, sunglasses and more.
4. Kitchen utensils – The thrift store is full of items people got bored of, or maybe the hype passed. I am thinking of fondue pans and bread makers. Use your fondue pan for cheese fondue or surprise your dinner guests with a chocolate fondue with fruit for desert.
5. Supplies for parties like:
- High tea supplies – tea pots, cups, cake stands and beautiful table linnen.
- A color themed party, just get table wear in your chosen color! Like getting pink or blue supplies for a baby shower!
- Christmas dinner or Easter brunch.
- Serving dishes, decorations and outfits for your seventies, eighties or nineties party.