Recently I descided to challenge myself and eat more healthy for lunch. What this comes down to is lots of salads! I would like to share to tasty simple salad recipes here.
Each recipe makes a tasty one person lunch or a great side dish or starter with dinner.
Eggy salad (1 serving)
- 2 soft boiled eggs in wedges
- 1 spring onion
- 1 handfull of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tomato in cubes
- Simple honey mustard dressing
Simple honey mustard dressing
- 1 tbsp of dyon mustard
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of mayo (find a recipe for making your own here)
Combine the dressing ingredients in a jam jar and shake.
Fig and blue cheese salad (1 serving)
- 2 handfuls of your favorite salad leaves
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 handful of fried bacon cubes
- 1 handfil of chopped nuts (I used almonds here but walnuts or pecans would be perfect!)
- 2 fresh figs in wedges
- 1 hanful of crumbly blue cheese
- Drizzle with olive oil and a good balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly crushed black pepper
Read more about salads here.