In Holland we are spoiled for choice. We have flower shops full of beautiful and affordable flowers. Still, I think your own picked bouquet is a more personal gift.
This bouquet contained daisies, chive flowers, snapdragons and some plants I couldn’t name if I tried. There are some important attention points when you pick flowers:
- Ask permission first, or pick from your own garden
- Make sure you wipe of any bugs or little creatures
- Cut the flowers at an angle
- Cut flowers before their prime, so they open in the vase
- Take the leaves off the part of the stem that will be submerged in water
- Keep the stems moist
- Use greens to bulk up your bouquet
- Contrasts make wild flower bouquets beautiful, look for different textures, colors, smells and use different lengths.
Don’t forget to enjoy the process, I know I did!