The days are getting shorter and the leaves are all turning lovely shades of yellow, red and brown. This colourful display combined with the November sun never fails to inspire me! These are my five favorite fall activities for me and my family:
- Walking in the park – is obviously the first thing that comes to mind. My pre-schooler loves foraging for beautiful leaves, rocks, nuts and sticks. He is obsessed with collecting these items. As I don’t always want this souvenirs in my home, I often have him display these in the garden.
- Getting creative with our finds – you can make beautiful creations with pine cones or stones.
- Drawing & coloring – the leaves are a great starting point for a coloring project. You can find and print a fall color project here.
- Baking – My little cookie monster and I love making MMMonster cookies on a rainy day.
- Visit the library – During the summer we tend to neglect our books but when it gets colder and the evenings get darker, I feel a strong urge to curl up on a couch with a book. I am currently still busy leafing through Home Made by Yvette van Boven.